Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has allegedly shown false positives in some and was cited by American shotputter C. J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test, though in 2004 he admitted to a federal grand jury that he had injected nandrolone.  A possible cause of incorrect urine test results is the presence of metabolites from other AAS, though modern urinalysis can usually determine the exact steroid used by analyzing the ratio of the two remaining nandrolone metabolites. As a result of the numerous overturned verdicts, the testing procedure was reviewed by UK Sport . On October 5, 2007, three-time Olympic gold medalist for track and field Marion Jones admitted to use of the drug, and was sentenced to six months in jail for lying to a federal grand jury in 2000. 
Decanoic acid acts as a non-competitive AMPA receptor antagonist at therapeutically relevant concentrations, in a voltage- and subunit-dependent manner, and this is sufficient to explain its antiseizure effects.  This direct inhibition of excitatory neurotransmission by decanoic acid in the brain contributes to the anticonvulsant effect of the MCT ketogenic diet .  Decanoic acid and the AMPA receptor antagonist drug perampanel act at separate sites on the AMPA receptor, and so it is possible that they have a cooperative effect at the AMPA receptor, suggesting that perampanel and the ketogenic diet could be synergistic. 
• Nandrolone-Decanoate Doses:
- 100mg per week will be enough to promote joint relief and comfort.
- 200mg per week will be the minimum dosing for performance based effects, . growth.
- 400mg per week will be the maximum dose most will ever need for performance.
- 500-600mg per week can be used safely, but this does increase side-effect probability and should only be attempted by the elite and well-experienced.
- When you supplement with Nandrolone-Decanoate, as is with all anabolic steroids, your natural testosterone production will be suppressed; in this case it will be completely suppressed from one single dosing. A single 100mg injection of Nandrolone-Decanoate is all it takes to suppress all testosterone production. For this reason, it is imperative that you supplement with some form of exogenous testosterone when you supplement with the Nandrolone compound. Failure to do so will result in a low testosterone condition, and this is simply not good for your health. Further, testosterone is a fantastic, highly versatile and generally well-tolerated anabolic steroid your body is very familiar with and will only enhance your total results.
• Aromatase Inhibitors:
- Nandrolone-Decanoate does aromatize to a degree; approximately 20% the rate of testosterone. Further, this is a steroid that carries a progestin nature and by these traits can lead to Gynecomastia. With the use of an Aromatase Inhibitor, Gynecomastia can be avoided; Arimidex and Letrozole will both do the trick. Further, an Aromatase Inhibitor will aid in combating water retention that can occur with this steroid.
• Total Use:
- When supplementing with Nandrolone-Decanoate, 8 weeks of total use should be the minimal time frame of use. Any use less than 8 weeks will provide very little as this is such a slow acting steroid, and will simply be a waste of time. To maximize your results, 10-12 weeks of total use will be far more optimal, with 16 weeks generally being the maximal time frame of use.
- Whenever you decide to discontinue anabolic steroid use, you do not want to end use while still supplementing with Nandrolone-Decanoate. As a steroid with a very long activity time, if you end use with a large amount still freshly in your system it can make recovery a tremendously difficult process. In most cases, all Nandrolone-Decanoate use should end at least 2 weeks before all anabolic steroid use comes to a halt; many will find 4 weeks to be needed.